News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk Chunk and Lowrider

Started by chuckbuick, June 29, 2014, 04:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

Here's a couple Madbean builds I did a couple years ago but never posted here.

Chunk Chunk.  Pretty straight forward build.  The wiring could've been prettier but it is what it is.

Lowrider.  When I did the graphics I had it in my mind that the controls would have the Clean between DOCT1 and UOCT1 so when it came time to build I had to ditch a couple board mounted pots and wire them so I could swap them around in the box.  Did I learn my lesson about paying more attention to those kind of details?  Of course...not.

cooder

Perfect, slick, simply super.... :o
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

Nice builds, both of them. The combination of simple graphics with those knobs is killer. I think the wiring of the chunkchunk is pretty decent, fwiw.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bcalla

Very nice!  I like the silver knobs on silver background.

CK1

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

Cool stuff mark!  Love those knobs, I think the wiring looks great, at least for an smd guy :P
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

chuckbuick

Thanks bros.  These are 2 of my favorite builds, graphically. 

Quote from: wgc on June 30, 2014, 03:12:14 AM
I think the wiring looks great, at least for an smd guy :P
Thanks Billy.  I still like to do thru-hole builds but I don't miss bending and clipping leads when I do SMD.  Component leads have become my least favorite part of electronics, besides troubleshooting :).

wgc

I'm right there with you mark.  I don't mind thru hole but for clipping leads...

Someday I'll tell y'all about a nasty lead clipping incident I had once
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings