News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

broken talkbox need helppp

Started by embley, June 29, 2014, 10:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embley

the power supply input on my rocktron banshee talkbox has somehow come out a little, what im talking about is when you look in you can see the little metal rod that would normall go inside the power supply cord and that plus something not visible is now protruding from the pedal if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it it would be much appreciated, thank you

hoodoo

I pulled one of these apart a while ago, and from what I remember the dc jack is pcb mounted, which means, to fix it you will have to take it apart. Are both jacks tightened? Did you use a boss type power supply at all, because the rocktron uses an AC type and has a 2.5 mm pin which is larger than usual, ie tight fit.

embley

Yeah it is pcb mounted I just opened it up, and I've been using the power supply which came with the pedal which is bigger than the boss ones, would I have to take the whole pcb part out to fix this?

hoodoo

I'd say yes. Once again, it's been a while but from what I remember, the pots hold the pcb in place, so remove knobs, undo pots, jacks and foots witch and the whole lot comes out easy. The worst part is the million or so screws they use to keep it all together ;)

embley

Alright thanks, any idea where I'll be able to get a new input if I can't get this one going?