News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Danger Zone - The Burglar

Started by TNblueshawk, March 01, 2017, 07:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

I had started this build for a friend that used to work with my wife. He's an old blues guy from New Orleans that I had sold some pedals to over the years and I got to know him a bit on email. He just retired last November. He was in his late 60's and was going to Dairy Queen for a milkshake 3 weeks ago and got T-boned by a piece of human debris who blew threw a red light. I figured the pedal is better than flowers that die in a few days. I buttoned it up Sat morning and after 3 weeks in ICU he died the next morning. Freddie King was one of his favorite guitarists.

Sigh  :(

John

jimilee

Aww, that's terrible man. What are you going to do with the pedal? Any surviving family or just put it on your desk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

zombie_rock123

Shit man, thats terrible. Play it loud and proud for your friend.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

gordo

Sorry for your loss bud.  That's just awful.  He would have loved that pedal so the fact that it looks so cool is a really nice tribute.  Great artwork on Freddie.  I feel very fortunate for being able to see him, Albert, and BB.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

selfdestroyer

Man, that's so sad... Anyone else in his family play that you can gift it to? What a great way to remember a family member/friend by.

Cody

Philthy

You are a good man.
Why don't you auction it here and give the proceeds to the family?

TNblueshawk

Thanks guys. No other family members play. A lot of his family is in New Orleans but my wife says she never heard him talk about anyone else playing.

I had thought about just selling it outright and giving his wife the money but then I'd also like to keep it as a reminder of him. He was a really nice guy. Not a shitty bone in his body.
John

TNblueshawk

Quote from: gordo on March 01, 2017, 11:06:48 PM
Sorry for your loss bud.  That's just awful.  He would have loved that pedal so the fact that it looks so cool is a really nice tribute.  Great artwork on Freddie.  I feel very fortunate for being able to see him, Albert, and BB.

I don't like you any more Gordo  :P

I only saw BB and that's after he had to sit down to play. Freddie just kills me. Albert too of course.
John

Boba7

He would have loved the pedal! It's beautiful. I am very sorry for your loss. You should probably just keep it around for some time and play it, I mean that's what I think I'd do.
Beautiful work and intention, thank you for sharing.