News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Challenge accepted - HoTone Pedals

Started by m-Kresol, June 15, 2014, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Hey guys,
last weekend I was at the flea market at my local music equipment shop. They had very good, but cheap guitars as well as some pedals and mixing equipment. I didn't need any of it, but it was hard not to buy something just for the heck of it.
When I was browsing through the regular shop though, I found these little fellas. For all the 1590A geniuses on the forum: this is what you have to aim for!

These HoTone pedals are only 74x44x44 mm. I love that they all have one knob at the backside, which is LED lighted when the pedal is engaged. The small roll bar so not to destroy when stomping with bigger feet, is also a very cute feature

The have quite a few different ones: overdrives, distortion, fuzz, chorus, reverb, octaver, delay, tremolo, bosster, compressor, a looper and even a tuner!

I haven't found a gut shot yet, but these have to have smaller pots than 9mm... every pedal generally has 3 pots and one knob. I wonder how the cram all the stuff in there. Obviously it has to be SMD and the stomp has to be a non-standard one, since it's party above the output jack. Impressive design work, if you ask me.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials