News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole Build Questions

Started by raccoondad, June 09, 2014, 10:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raccoondad

I was wondering what the general success rate of Loophole builds was? How many have built one? Were you happy with the result (what should I expect?) Any problems I should look out for? What level of difficulty are talking?

I have built probably  a hundred different fuzzes, distortions, boosters, delays, octave, and weird noise things, but I feel like I am approaching unknown waters with this looper, not to mention it's a bit more of a $$ loss if it fails. I am looking to get something in the ballpark of the ZVex Lofi Loop Junky, and I am considering adding the vibrato mods by JakeFuzz (awesome). I saw that Haberdasher is selling boards (awesome), and Small Bear Electronics has the chips in stock.

I've read the other forum posts, but any additional information/warnings/encouragement/anecdotes is welcome. Thanks :)

bcalla

I built it from one of Haberdasher's etched boards, here is the build report http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=12411.msg119634#msg119634.  I used a 90 second chip instead of the recommended 20 seconds.

I never used a looper before, so I don't have anything to compare it to.  So far, I have only used it at home to record the changes for a song, and then play it back to work out a solo.

alanp

It's far less annoying to wire up than your average Lovetone 1550G project. That said, take your time and be careful in what you do and it should be sweet as :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raccoondad

Thanks guys. That is a great looking build bcalla, and thanks for the encouragement alanp.