News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boomstick in 1590bb with FX Loop

Started by timbo_93631, April 15, 2011, 05:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Hello, first post here.  Would normally post this at FSB, but the site is down at the moment (scary).  I am setting up my first pedalboard, a Gator Pedal Tote with the G-Bus-8, a compact board, so space is an issue.  I have a Aquaboy/Echo Base in one 1590DD enclosure that I am wrapping up today that I'd like to be able to have on an FX loop so I can turn both on and off at once without hitting both individual 3pdt's, so I put that in the extra space of the 1590BB that the boomstick is in to save space and 6" cables etc.  Would've been a tighter fit with a battery, so I went the, "dc jack only" route.  I built this over the past 3 nights after the wife and kids were asleep, so the pots are a little out of alignment and the lead dress isn't as tight as it could be, but it all worked on the first shot and sounds great!  Graphics and font are bleary-eyed-way-past-midnight-sharpie on a Smallbear bananna yellow powdercoat 2nd's enclosure.  Green knobs are for extra school spirit!  Go Rough Riders!  Props to Madbean for getting such a useful distortion out of a small PCB layout.  A pleasure to work with these fabbed boards.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

lincolnic

I'm always a fan of the Sharpie markings. Pedal looks great on the inside, too!

revmayer

Great use of space incorporating the fx loop in the same enclosure. And a 2nd for the fabbed boards. 
-Joey-

petesz

Thats awesome, cool idea having the loop in there too.
How does it sound?? Ive got a boomstick board on the way.

timbo_93631

Sounds really good!   It gets a little noisy (background hiss while not playing) when it is in full gain mode (OD switch is off), but I think I could get it quieter with some chopsticking of the leads.  I think it is fantastic really, I needed a power-chord friendly distorton pedal as my setup is pretty twangy/worshipping link wray...  I use a strat with fat-strat pickgaurd with a GFS Surf90 in the neck and Mean90 in the bridge with tele switching and a series parallel switch into a Supro 1616t with Weber 10" Blue Pup Alnico speaker...  So it fits the bill nicely.  Good luck with you build!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

nzCdog

Quote from: lincolnic on April 16, 2011, 04:26:55 AM
I'm always a fan of the Sharpie markings. Pedal looks great on the inside, too!

+1... very cool

gtr2

Cool!  Don't be a stranger around here  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sgmezei

hahaha good job with the Roughriders theme, Looks Great!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals