News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus...it works? Wha, ok....

Started by blearyeyes, May 18, 2014, 06:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Well there is another alternative, which involves a hammer, or I could build an external LFO and insert it into the 4013. I know, I'll take the portion of the schematic after the 4013 and work it up in Eagle, send it off to Oshpark and glue it on top of this board then epoxy the whole thing into a clear brick and frame it. ;-D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blearyeyes

Actually I'm going to pull every part in the LFO and check it with a meter. Then run continuity on the board. I have never had to admit defeat yet..

Or I'll just do what I stated previously.

blearyeyes

I think I have an LM358. I'll give it a try.

Maybe a trace under the chip is goofy.

Then if that doesn't work I will Brutalize this PCB removing every part of the LFO and checking it with a meter.

I will not admit defeat! ........yet

Govmnt_Lacky

LFOs are finniky!!!

My go-to LFO op amp is the LM358. I have has TL072, RC4558s, JRC4558s, TL082s, and many other NOT work as an LFO but.... never had a 358 NOT work.

I know the circuit is usually built to support the op amp used but, I have always had good luck with the 358.

Im betting that is the culprit.  ;) Good Luck

Remember.... the original used the LM1458 for the LFO which is a low-current dual op amp as well.

blearyeyes

Thanks, I'll pop one in there tonight.. Fingers crossed.

blearyeyes

I didn't have a LM358 but tried everything I had and a NE5532P fired up... So I'm gonna get a few 358s and try those as now the speed range is limited. I'll work with the pot and other resistors when I get the opamps to get the range right. Thank you guys for all the help and especially Scruffie who worked overtime.. You guys are awesome!

Scruffie

An NE5532? Usually an awful LFO OpAmp haha, congrats though! Glad it got there in the end.
Works at Lectric-FX

blearyeyes

Well it's not really there but on the back burner till I get the LM358s

blearyeyes

I finally got this beast to function...I re flowed and messed around, redid a few components and then slapped a JRC4558 in there and it freaking works...don't ask me how...

This one gave me the most trouble of all.

muddyfox

I know I wouldn't have that pitbull tenacity that you seem to sport to see this sort of thing through...  ::)
Hat's off, man!

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

blearyeyes

Well thanks!  In the few moments while enjoying this colossal triumph, I built a Pork Barrel and it worked out of the gate! Well except for one bad MN3101. Figuring I bought 10 MN3101s and 10 MN3007s  off of eBay blind, having them work at all is a blessing!

Thanks again!

Dan.

alanp

Well done! My first 'you little Bastard' build was Brian's electric mistress board... you always remember the first ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

Yes in deed! Onward my friend!