News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CherryBomb - Troubleshoot - No sound - First Build - HELP!

Started by LipePampuri, June 07, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LipePampuri

Hello Guys!

I'm new here, i'm starting to get into diy pedals. This cherrybomb is my first build ever and my knowledge is very little. I've been reading and researshing a lot tho.

So, the sound works the the pedal is bypassed.

It does power up, (the led lights, even tho I could only get the 3mm to work. I had a 5mm LED that dident work i dont know why, tried 2 5mm LED none worked but the 3mm did).

The power goes to the board, it measures 9.04v.

I measured my transistors and the voltages are:

Q1 -
E - 0.40
B - 0.93
C - 1.59

Q2
E - 0.97
B - 1.59
C - 5.31

Q3 -
E - 0.88
B - 1.48
C - 5.64

How I said, my knowledge is very little, but as far as I could research it seems like they are with right voltages (I may be wrong tho).

I also tried following up the signal with the multimeter if i connect to in and out, there's no connectivity, and then i dont really know how to follow up the signal to make sure were it's shorting.

Can someone give me some help?

Thank you very much!

dont-tase-me-bro

I am pretty new to this and can't really diagnose anything.  However, I made a Cherry Bomb a week or two ago that didn't work - I did not use all BC109.  I also used the other two in the BOM.  If you did that as well, the legs on the non-BC109s needed to be crossed.  Once I crossed them, it fired right up.
I thought this would save me money.

dont-tase-me-bro

I thought this would save me money.

LipePampuri

Here are some pics of it - (I Know its a mess! first time, second will be better!) lol

image hosting without registration

LipePampuri

I used BC109 , and I believe I got them in the right position!

Im gonna watch this video to see if I can follow the signal!

LipePampuri

I watched the video but couldnt really follow up much on how to do it.

Is there a way i can do it with the multimeter?

I dont have a 10nf capacitor, could I use a different cap?

Does the transistors voltages look right?

LipePampuri

Sorry guys!

I fucked it up and changed the sides of the in and out jacks. Inverted the cable and it works! And sounds pretty badass!!!
Thank you!!!