News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Squeeeeeze Box

Started by hoodoo, May 28, 2014, 01:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here, with my latest. An afterlife compressor, built stock. The inner teenager came out for the decal choice  ;) Who doesn't like semi naked women playing the accordian  ;D The paint is my attempt at a burst, lime green into yellow, looks good in the flesh, but hard to tell in the pictures. I've never really used a compressor in my setups before but i'm liking what it's doing to my sound, probably won't be the last compressor i build. I think i've been missing out, anyhow here she is,

bcalla

Haberdasher

i do like semi-naked women playing the accordion.
clean build!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

alanp

"Mama's got a squeeze box, she wears on her chest, when Daddy comes home he never gets no rest..."

Very well executed! The Afterlife is a really nice pedal :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

brucer

Nice box!

Okay, my inner teenager came out too.

Seriously though, nice job in and out.

selfdestroyer

BOOTY!

ok now thats over with.. great build. Lovely inside and out. I am not a fan of those knobs but they look great on there. I guess I can never picture them on something. I may have to buy a few to put in the parts bin to try.

Cody

hylandren

Wow, a lot to like here...Immaculately clean guts, two-tone burst on the outside, scantily clad female accordion player, even a matching yellow LED to boot.
Like SelfDestroyer, I usually don't like those knobs, but they work perfectly here. A really nice build!

If you don't mid me asking, where in the world did you find a retro style illustration of a woman playing an accordion? 

Willybomb

QuoteWho doesn't like semi naked women playing the accordian
Can't say I'd ever given it any thought before, but now that I have, I approve.

I had to google the lyrics reference, so here we have a hot chick singing exactly that:

alanp

Willy, it's from The Who.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

hoodoo

;D Thanks dudes, agreed, it's a great sounding pedal. Hylandren, google images is your friend, type in a word and all sorts of random things appear, this one just seemed appropriate  ;)

hylandren

Quote from: hoodoo on May 28, 2014, 09:07:14 PM
Hylandren, google images is your friend, type in a word and all sorts of random things appear, this one just seemed appropriate  ;)
I use them all the time, but a retro style pen and ink illustration of a semi-nude female accordion player seemed like a bit of a reach even for google images...  :D

wstimson

Quote from: hylandren on May 28, 2014, 09:12:00 PM
Quote from: hoodoo on May 28, 2014, 09:07:14 PM
Hylandren, google images is your friend, type in a word and all sorts of random things appear, this one just seemed appropriate  ;)
I use them all the time, but a retro style pen and ink illustration of a semi-nude female accordion player seemed like a bit of a reach even for google images...  :D

Really? This seems like it would be right in google images wheelhouse to me.

Willybomb

Willy, it's from The Who.
Yeah, found that on the google search, but Cheryl Crow seemed to fit the theme that bit better, although she may be wearing to many clothes in this context.

QuoteReally? This seems like it would be right in google images wheelhouse to me.
Once you have your theme, google images can work miracles.

jtn191

Haha love The Who reference

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings