News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4kR (madbean runt)

Started by wgc, May 31, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

Last one today-  sorry to assault your eyeballs so.  :)

Madbean Runt build, one of my first 1590a builds.  I did the ruetz mod to it, cool mod.  Leds for diodes.  Did this one a while ago too, but just found the pix on my camera.  Messy wiring, gratis.

Had one in the early 90s, still love the Rat!

Great layout by Brian, as we all expect and hopefully don't take for granted. 

You can see though that I had a bit of trouble with the caps fitting into the enclosure, so I had to do some surgery to the lid.  Never know from the outside though, so no harm, just some doing.

Powder coat by me, wrinkle black finish, laser etched google rat skully image to bare metal.

Thanks Brian, have a great weekend everyone!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

DutchMF

Gentlemen, we have another 1590A champ here...... good stuff, very nice build!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madboy

Sweet! I built the Runt a little while ago, and socketed the diodes, but I haven't tried it with LEDs yet. Would you recommend it?

wgc

I tried a few different diodes in there, also in a slow loris I did for a friend.  The slow loris has a switch to more easily compare diodes.  I liked the LEDs best but that's me. I think the op amp you choose probably has as much to do with it as anything.  I haven't tried other op amps in this circuit but have swapped them in others with interesting results.  Between the diodes and op amps there's tons of room to find something you like best, but definitely try the LEDs, as well as different colors.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

While I am not a huge fan of the circuit, I can see why folks would like the LEDs there.  That's why I put the clipper switch in my recent build.

This is another nice look build, Billy.  Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wgc

Thx Dave!  I can see why others might not like this circuit too!  I really like the ruetz mod, allows you to dial things back a bit.  I did my first gig in about 10 years as a guest at a friends show with this one, it sounded amazing...
e.e. cummings