News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Expandora

Started by pryde, June 04, 2014, 11:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is another build I managed to squeeze out. I REALLY dig this circuit a lot. It is indeed similar to a RAT but has much better dynamics and overall just more refined. I don't get to excited about overdrive/dirt pedals these days but this one is a keeper.

The pcb is from Codtone and Ben also supplied the PC419 smd photocoupler as well  :) The awesome angled steel box is from DavidGiandiletti. Both these fellas are good people so give them your money  ;)

The build was a bit of a pain as I didn't have good sharp cobalt bits and mine were wondering when trying to drill the hard steel even with a drill press. Then I was going to mount the sliders in individual holes but cutting them cleanly in the steel was not happening so i just cut out a large area then mounted the sliders on the copper etched plate instead. I am pleased with the result despite the hurdles. Its got a industrial, steampunk kinda thing happening.

brucer

REALLY nice build!  Love the etched faceplate.  I've got one these PCBs as well, haven't started the build though.  Newbie question: how did you keep the black areas on the edge of your etch, partially sand the mask?

peAk

Very, very cool.

Awesome job man!

Morgan

Wow - badass! I'm scared of that skull & crossbones setting...
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

pryde

Quote from: brucer on June 05, 2014, 12:13:30 AM
REALLY nice build!  Love the etched faceplate.  I've got one these PCBs as well, haven't started the build though.  Newbie question: how did you keep the black areas on the edge of your etch, partially sand the mask?

That's it. just lightly sand with some 600 grit and take off as much or as little as you need. makes it look like an old Levi's jeans tag  :)

selfdestroyer

Very very cool. Love the icons next to the switches.. Makes me want to flip them both down and kill with sonic waves.

Cody

Droogie

That is just dope! I use the "forbidden" setting on mine all the time (if I want to sound really raunchy)!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

lincolnic

Killer build. No pun intended.

Leevibe

I love that aesthetic! Beautiful build.