News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Diago power supplies

Started by HailToTheBlues, June 03, 2014, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi guys,
I asked you about power supplies some time ago, and some of you told me that the Visual Sound One Spot was a good option, and that was what i was going to get. But today i sent a message to the store i was going to get the OneSpot asking if they had it in stock, but they said that right now they only had power supplies from Diago, and i wanted to ask you if any of you had experience with it? The Diago Micropower 9 is just a little more expensive, and it feeds less pedals because it has less 700mA than the OneSpot. I can wait for the OneSpot or get it elsewhere of course, but i just wanted to know if this brand would be better or not.

Best regards

gtr2

Personally I would go with the one spot.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GermanCdn

If memory serves you're in the EU right?  Thomann's got OneSpot's in stock for 20Euro, and they've got the Harely Benton equivalent to the Diago (500 mA) on for 9,50Euro. 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

HailToTheBlues

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 03, 2014, 09:51:44 PM
If memory serves you're in the EU right?  Thomann's got OneSpot's in stock for 20Euro, and they've got the Harely Benton equivalent to the Diago (500 mA) on for 9,50Euro.

Yes, i'm from EU. The place i was going to buy from, sell them for 15 euros, so, if they don't take long to put them in stock again, i think i'll buy from them. The diago is actually 1000mA, i said it was less 700mA than the OneSpot, which has 1700mA.

stecykmi

1A is a lot for guitar effects, a tubescreamer draws less than 10mA or so. i wouldn't recommend daisy chaining too many pedals together anyway, it starts to add a lot of noise to the signal. i suppose if you're just playing at home, noise doesn't matter as much so you could chain a bunch together but anyway you'd probably want to consider the quality of the power supply (low noise, well-built mechanically etc) over the available current.

HailToTheBlues

The diago micropower 9 says that it is low noise and good quality, but many of you said that the OneSpot doesn't give any problems, like noise and hum, maybe if you use a bunch of digital pedals, only an isolated power supply would give that silent sound, but for now, i don't have any digital pedal. The guy i've asked about the power supplies, said that the diago is better than the OneSpot, but of course he wants to sell the stuff he has in stock now, so i needed to ask you guys for opinions.

sturgeo

I've used the Diago Micropower 9 and particular pedals don't work well with it, SHO variants for example suffer with hum.

HailToTheBlues