News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

nsl32

Started by Kipper4, May 27, 2014, 08:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper4

I grabbed a couple of these at the weekend.
Anyone know some worthwhile projects to use them in please.
Ps I like my envelope filters

GermanCdn

They work fairly well in tremolos, I've got one in a Shoot the Moon and one in a Double Flush.

Some people (I think midwayfair) have tried them in the Afterlife Compressor with some success.

Can't think of a specific envelope filter project that's designed for their specs, as the Mutron type stuff is usually targetted in the VTL5C3 range.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Kipper4

Thanks mate.
Another question then sine there's a vast difference in turn off time bete the vtl5c3 (3.5's) and the nsl32 which has a turn off time of 500's.
Is it possible to reduce the nsl32s off time and therefore limit ripple ?
Thanks
I'm sure it's been considered before.

midwayfair

It's pretty nice in the Afterlife. Slow turn-off time for a nice smooth decay but not a big switching range. Not my first choice, but it's a choice.

The only tremolo they'll work well in is something like the Tremulus Lune/Shoot the Moon.

You cannot alter a photocell's off time. It has to do with the chemical makeup of the photoresistor.

Kipper4

Thank you Jon.
I've built the lune and it's by far the best tremelo to date I've done.
I'm fairy certain I've also built a variation of the afterlife too. I'll have to double check.
Thanks for the advice
Rich