News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Retroamplis Spain store

Started by HailToTheBlues, May 21, 2014, 04:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi guys,
just wanted to know if anyone of you had experience Retroamplis, because they sell some parts really cheap, like the 2N4401, they sell it for 0,15€ (0,20 USD i think) and, for instance, Musikding sells them for 0,90€ (maybe 1,20 USD), so i wanted to know if their quality is the same, or theirs parts are not that great.

Kind Regards
Rafael

twin1965

I would be interested too. Have had a brief look at what they sell and its well priced.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

micromegas

I had a lot of experience with them as their store is at 15min by car from where I live.

It is a very small family-bussines, but the owner (Hector) is a very stand up guy and the products he sells are top notch. They test all their PT2399 for what I know and their J201 are real Fairchild.I also bought some good working CA3080s from them, but don't know about the 2N4401s.

You can shoot him a message with your cuestions, but everything I've bought from Retroamplis so far works as it should.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Kinki fuzz

I purchase from them usually, don't know about that particular part but in my experience they are a trusty supplier, quality-wise I would say they are more in the small bear side than in the tayda side. You get what I mean.
And yes some actives have surprising good price

Enviado desde mi HP Slate 7 mediante Tapatalk

HailToTheBlues

yeah, i was going to order the 2n4401 because i was going to order the wah shell they sell, and i would order them with the same postage, so it would worth the expense, but since i decided to order the shell and some parts from joe gagan, i won't order it anymore, because i would pay postage from two places, and it would not be worth. But whenever i need some parts, i will trust them and order from them  :)

micromegas

I plan to order some parts in the next weeks, I can add anything you need if you want and then send it to you.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

HailToTheBlues

I think that that would not make it cheaper, because the price you would pay, or rather i would pay, would be the same, because i'm from portugal, i would pay 8 euros i think, and i'm almost certain that it would be the same if you sent me some parts, but i may be wrong of course