News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NSD (New Stuff Day)

Started by flanagan0718, June 04, 2014, 05:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

So my wife got me an early Father's Day gift!

It's an Alvarez AD60 Jumbo! Believe it or not this is my first acoustic guitar. This one is a 2004 so it's pre Kamand owning them and ruining the brand. My wife was sneaky about this too. She brought me to GC in Nashua NH and had me look at guitars so I could pal for the baby. She then had my old bassist (who works there) keep tabs on me and she then put the only guitar I played on layaway the next day. She's a keeper! She got it for a steal it was used for $249! These were $550 new, and this one is in perfect shape.
The other thing I got was this

This is the 2 painted and drilled blend from PPP. All in all they are useable. I have to fill the holes on 2 of them for sure (the 2in the upper left corner) but I will absolutely be able to use all of these. Cool colors on some of them, especially that blue sparkle! That huge one will defiantly work for a bad ass 2 in 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GermanCdn

I got one of those enclosures with the four big holes in it as well from PPP, but the rest of the bunch were pretty useful.

Nice Alvarez.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

selfdestroyer

Very cool acoustic, love the cutaway.

Cody

flanagan0718

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 04, 2014, 05:40:25 AM
I got one of those enclosures with the four big holes in it as well from PPP, but the rest of the bunch were pretty useful.

Nice Alvarez.

Yeah they are all pretty useful. the ones with the huge holes I'll fill with some JB weld and go from there.
Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 04, 2014, 06:00:22 AM
Very cool acoustic, love the cutaway.

Cody

Thanks Cody! It will be nice to actually play instead of noodle for 2 min then say to myself...ok the pedal works ;)

jkokura

My Acoustic (really the only one I use) is an Alvarez Yairi DY91. Alvarez make high quality instruments that rarely get much attention. Sweet Ax man! And you have a great wife it seems ;)

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Given that Kazuo Yairi recently passed away, the AY's will become collectors items to some extent in the near future.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

flanagan0718

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 05, 2014, 03:48:31 PM
Given that Kazuo Yairi recently passed away, the AY's will become collectors items to some extent in the near future.

Things like this make me sad :'(