News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two Sunking IIs, one in a 125B

Started by jamesmafyew, May 23, 2014, 05:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesmafyew

I had asked about fitting a SKII in a 125B in the questions forum but it didn't appear that anyone had done it yet. The SunKing II PCB is luxuriantly large and wouldn't fit in a 1590B, but I was able to easily fit it in the taller 125B where the PCB just sits under everything else. Only one switch on this -- clipping. 3-way selects between 1N270, BAT41, or asymmetric LED+1N914.

I did build one in a 125BB first, using the Madbean drilling template, which also turned out really nicely. That has the fat and thick switches too, although with the values altered, and 1N277 or BAT41 clipping options. In the picture it's next to a previous Klone (left) I built on vero in a 1590DD. I like the smaller size a lot.

muddyfox

Guts! Guts! Guts!
Sheesh... Have you lurkers learnt nothing by now?  ;D ;D ;D

jamesmafyew

Sure, here's the 125B one. Hard to see much under there, the way it's wired up. I don't have the BB-size one handy to take a picture of.

m-Kresol

Very good looking builds alltogether. Dig the knobs!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Tremster

sturgeo

Wow, all look brilliant.

What paint/powder coat are you using? lovely finish on all three boxes!

midwayfair

Great job on the squeeze! Tidy looking under there, too. :)

jamesmafyew

Quote from: sturgeo on May 23, 2014, 08:54:42 AMWhat paint/powder coat are you using? lovely finish on all three boxes!

All three enclosures are from Pedal Parts Plus. Their "vein" colors are my favorite.

pryde

Really dig the overall look of these pedals. Great job mang!

Leevibe

I love the knobs too. And great looking name plate! Good job on getting it to fit.

lincolnic

These look fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more of your builds!