richiekotzen

richiekotzen

I found several projects including the klon centaur sunking
and now I have more doubts than before,
what are the exact values​​?

richiekotzen

and this,there are some different values

selfdestroyer

The Sunking, as far as I know, if not a direct clone of the Klon but a simplified version. "More than one way to skin a cat" kind of thing.

The Sunking project of Madbeans has had a few revisions. The last build doc I have for the Sunking (not the newer Sunking 2) Ver.3 10.15.10 and is the layout I would use if you want to etch it yourself. If you are going to buy a PCB I would do the Sunking 2.

Hope this helps.

Cody

jkokura

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 19, 2014, 04:29:56 PM
The Sunking, as far as I know, if not a direct clone of the Klon but a simplified version. "More than one way to skin a cat" kind of thing.

Actually, the Sunking IS the direct clone. It's the Kingslayer which is an adapted version that's similar or improved.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jkokura

Further, you don't need to post your question multiple times in different areas. This is probably the best place.

Anyway, the images you've posted are for projects that aren't from members here I believe. They're other people's ideas on what to do with the klon circuit. If you want to build a Klone, there are many options, and you should go with the Sunking for values.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Blues Healer

I'm no electronics expert, but I just want to make a general statement about "different values": sometimes you may see values that differ from an original circuit, or values that differ in revisions of the same circuit, but it may be done to arrive at the same frequency response, such as in high-pass or low-pass filters; I've also seen this technique used in order to use more common parts values.
"music heals"

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jkokura on May 19, 2014, 05:53:27 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 19, 2014, 04:29:56 PM

Actually, the Sunking IS the direct clone. It's the Kingslayer which is an adapted version that's similar or improved.

Jacob

Thanks for the clarification. I just really thought Brian removed some un-needed crap from the original on the Sunking. My bad.

Cody

richiekotzen

madbean

The values on the Green PCB version of the Sagg Charger are the correct ones. The ones on the Gray PCB are from Martin's original trace. He later went back and re-examined it finding several incorrect values, hence the updated Green version.

richiekotzen

Quote from: madbean on May 20, 2014, 02:07:14 PM
The values on the Green PCB version of the Sagg Charger are the correct ones. The ones on the Gray PCB are from Martin's original trace. He later went back and re-examined it finding several incorrect values, hence the updated Green version.

ok now I understand
thanks

AntKnee

I love your new band, Winery Dogs, btw.
;D
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

richiekotzen