News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My First 1590A Build

Started by Bufferz, May 15, 2014, 02:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bufferz

Figured I'd share my first 1590a build - I can see how people get addicted to these little builds. This is a Bazz Fuzz with bias control - I'm really happy how this turned out (other than the blem enclosure because i got all excied with a razor blade and the off-center logo which I will blame on ADHD)

affiliations: TFX

Gledison

Great job mate!
PRetty neat! Yes, this little bastards are addictive...:P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Bufferz

Thanks man - Those external DC jacks sure are Ugly, but wow do they make a difference on something like this.

pickdropper

Awesome.  I predict your army of minis will grow.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

flanagan0718

Congarts man! 1590A Builds are not easy, no matter how small the board.

m-Kresol

I really like the colours you chose for the enclosure and knobs. Good job on the inside too!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

rullywowr

Verah nice!  Crammin' it all in there with style.

A tip I've learned here on the forum recently and worth mentioning is that you can use the ugly white washers you get with 3PDT to shim the "outie" DC jacks.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

flanagan0718

Quote from: rullywowr on May 15, 2014, 07:55:21 PM
Verah nice!  Crammin' it all in there with style.

A tip I've learned here on the forum recently and worth mentioning is that you can use the ugly white washers you get with 3PDT to shim the "outie" DC jacks.

haha "outie" jacks! that's great! Good tip too.

irmcdermott

That's awesome. They are addicting to build. I'm sure you will have more in no time.

mattlee0037

Whoah, what bezel is that for the LED? So simple and cool

Bufferz

Thanks All!
Great tip re: the "Outie" washers
I love these bezels only place i've seen them so far is here:
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SLEDBZ5-2-p/1000-b101.htm

And yes I think I will build another one of these fuzzes (since PCBs come in 3's) and I just finished the PCB design for my next 1590a project - COT50 style boost / OD...gonna do black with gold logo, clear knob and white LED - for those familiar with the COT50 -  any mods i should consider other than diodes / input cap toggles?

...the schem I am using

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

hylandren

One would never guess from looking at it that it is your first 1590a!
I have built just one. It was challenging, but fired up right away, which kinda' surprised me! Lol