News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cynical Distortion

Started by selfdestroyer, May 21, 2014, 07:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

The PCB came from the member Pappasmurfsharem and I have been meaning to finish it.

This stupid 125B was the first I have ever done and its been trials. For some reason it did not etch as nice as the 1590B's do that I have been doing in the past and It kept etching away my labeling fonts. This was my second attempt and its still not perfect but it will do. The red metalic is so hard to photograph but you get the idea.

Now on to the pedal, I really do like the sound of this.. I can go from low gain AC/DC sound to high gain Stone Temple Pilots Wicked Garden sound. Fun pedal to play with.

Guts:

Cody

GammaFlex

Nice! I like the tube graphic alot

selfdestroyer

Quote from: SalvageAudio on May 21, 2014, 03:06:11 PM
Nice! I like the tube graphic alot

Thanks, I copied them from the original pedal just for fun. Changed it enough to cover my ass.

Cody

rullywowr

Cody,

You are killin it!  Nice job man.  The inside looks neat enough to eat off of.  Outside isn't too bad either...sometimes different enclosures etch strange due to the metal composition.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: rullywowr on May 21, 2014, 05:11:56 PM
Cody,

You are killin it!  Nice job man.  The inside looks neat enough to eat off of.  Outside isn't too bad either...sometimes different enclosures etch strange due to the metal composition.

Thanks Rully, I was thinking about that today and realized that I buy all my enclosures from BLMS but these 125B's were bought from Tayda since BLMS was out of them at the time. So I bet you are right about difference in metal properties.

Cody

hylandren

Despite your decryption of all the flaws, this looks like a pro build to me.
Very nice.

mah62

Nice, classy work, Cody! I would love to have a go at building this one. How does it sound?

I had a quiet chortle to myself after you mentioned your etching problems! I had a go at etching my first box the other day after reading your tutorial. Unfortunately, only scan read the bit where you said to use used ferric, popped a shiny new 125B in a fresh batch......and fuck me it was like chernobyl! The box now looks like something off the road to Basra! Hey ho, onwards and upwards :-)

Mark

Leevibe

Another winner Cody. The etch looks great to me!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk