News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with fuzz (no madbean)

Started by J. Ignacio, May 02, 2014, 03:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Ignacio

Hi guys! Again trying to build a fuzz pedal. Is Lovepedal BBB07 or Dragon. I saw this pedal in freestompboxes and i want to build this pedal. Only the schematic are in the forum

(Edited by moderator)

I took the schematic and a friend designe pcb + layout. We are discussing if it is positive ground o negative ground. Transistor can be Silicon or Germanium PNP, right?

Thanks.

Here pcb+layout

Sorry for me english, i'm from Argentina.

midwayfair

It's a fuzz face with a 220K in the Q1B > Q2E feedback loop in place of the 100K and a smaller input cap.

He also doubled the volume pot, and made the output cap ten times as big, so now the cutoff frequency is 1.5Hz, which is a good 18.5Hz below the range of human hearing and well below the frequencies produced by a guitar, instead of the stock fuzz face's cutoff of 32Hz, which ... almost at the bottom of human hearing and well below the frequencies produced by a guitar. Any extra output produced by the larger volume pot is eaten up by the SMALLER 220R in place of the 470R -- meaning that this may very well have LESS output than a typical fuzz face. Pointless changes.

The fuzz pot is smaller, but considering it's a fuzz face and it's only going to sound good with the fuzz at or near max, that's probably just to avoid using a 1KC, who knows why.

Oh, and it's positive ground.

J. Ignacio

Thanks for information. Previosly i built another fuzz face and tonebender 3 knobs.
So looking to layout i have to connect 9v in Ground and ground in 9v to make it positive ground, right?I have to turn electrolytics caps?

Or only doing this is ok?

(moderator edited)

Again, thanks.

jkokura

I needed to modify your posts, my apologies.

In both cases, they clearly stated that these documents were not to be reposted online except by their original owners. Copyright issues need to be respected. A better practice is to share a link to a file that exists somewhere else online, or to communicate via private messages.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals