News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Expression Pedal on Naughty Fish

Started by Marshall Arts, May 12, 2014, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

I am thinking of building a "naughty fish"... been looking at some of the concepts and reviews out there (BYOC DOD440 clone, GGG Neutron, Meatsphere etc.). From what I read, the madbean Nautilus gets the best review (e.g. in terms of intensity of the effect), and I hope, that this is true for the "naughty fish" as well (Feedback welcome!).

Anyway: I would like to add an expression pedal (i.e. a modified wah enclosure) to the naughty fish. The idea would be to have a toggle switch to have the brightness of the VACT-LED's either be controlled by the envelope or by the external pedal. Wah's usually come with a 100k ICAR pot, it should be easy to use that for the control of the brightness of the LED's.

Do you think, that that would work?

An alternative would be to by a EH Q-Balls Riddle off the shelf, but I think, that would be too easy, less fun and not so good sounding...

Feedback very welcome!

midwayfair

I think you can just use two legs of the pot to feed +9V to pin 7 of IC2 when the rocker is switched on. Make sure it's using the two lugs that will decrease resistance when you roll forward. That only requires one row. Use another row to disconnect the envelope section (R16 seems the easiest place).

One problem I see is that the ideal pot value will depend on the type of LEDs used, and the minimum resistance might be a problem. You should build the stock circuit and test the mod with a regular potentiometer with 10K minimum resistance in series first.