News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Pantazia" (Ibanez Flying Pan)

Started by peAk, June 15, 2014, 01:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Here is a BYOC Soaring Skillet (Flying Pan) board that I finished up yesterday. Pretty much all 1/8 resistors. I actually had an issue with some distortion at first and I had to trace it back to a wrong resistor value. Over 60 1/8 watt resistor bands I had to go through and of course it was the very last one that was wrong.

This is a really, really cool phaser/tremolo effect that is in STEREO!! I definitely recommend this effect to anyone that likes really cool, strange, trippy effects.

gordo

Damn that looks nice.  Wish I had a stereo rig for live stuff.  Nicely done.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

wgc

Awesome, I love the graphics, the knobs really make it pop

Nice wiring too!

Stereo could be really interesting with one of these
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

MarcFive

That looks awesome. One of these days I'll have to start working on graphics.

Sound Clip!

selfdestroyer

Love the artwork on this build. Very clean and pro looking. Great job.

Cody

Leevibe

Dang Justin! You're cranking them out. Looks sweet.

+1 for a clip. Let's hear it in stereo!

bcalla

That's really hot!  Does BYOC sell that board separately?

stecykmi

Quote from: bcalla on June 15, 2014, 02:27:08 PM
That's really hot!  Does BYOC sell that board separately?

i'm wondering that too. i think you need the vactrols too since they're custom made for the project. can you enlighten us justin?

very cool project, i want one.

peAk

Thanks guys

Yes, BYOC sold me just the board along with their phase royal, reverb, and analog vibrato. I had to also get their custom vactrols as well. They were $15 each and the boards were $15-18 a piece.

The guys are super cool there. I had more success getting through to them on their live chat on their website. I think their pcbs are made well and of course their build docs are very thorough.

I couldn't fit this in a standard 1590BB, I had to get a tall one. Maybe one of you pros can?

Circuit is very cool and I highly recommend it.

bcalla

Quote from: peAk on June 15, 2014, 09:56:54 PM
Thanks guys

Yes, BYOC sold me just the board along with their phase royal, reverb, and analog vibrato. I had to also get their custom vactrols as well. They were $15 each and the boards were $15-18 a piece.

The guys are super cool there. I had more success getting through to them on their live chat on their website. I think their pcbs are made well and of course their build docs are very thorough.

I couldn't fit this in a standard 1590BB, I had to get a tall one. Maybe one of you pros can?

Circuit is very cool and I highly recommend it.
Thanks for the info.  It never occurred to me to try to get them to sell me boards that they don't list on their site.