Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Face Question?

Started by jjanssen1, April 28, 2014, 05:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjanssen1

Hi all,
I have a quick question about a Fuzz Face clone I am building
The layout I have already etched onto a pcb blank doesn't have a bias trim pot or bias pot. Is it ok to go on with building it or should I have a bias trim pot installed.
Thanks jjanssen1
+[----->+++<]>+.+.[--->+<]>---.---[->++<]>.++[--->++<]>+.

jkokura

jjanssen,

I'm really sorry to have to do this to you, but the file you posted specifies specifically "Permission to repost this is denied." In this case, I'm taking the avenue of removing it from the site rather than leaving it up. If you can provide a link to another site that has permission to host the document, that helps.

In answer to your question - you don't need to have a bias trimpot. However, I highly recommend you spend some time looking for the right bias value for the transistors you're using OR you go with the recommended value from the company you got the transistors from.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Quote from: jjanssen1 on April 28, 2014, 05:17:59 AM
Hi all,
I have a quick question about a Fuzz Face clone I am building
The layout I have already etched onto a pcb blank doesn't have a bias trim pot or bias pot. Is it ok to go on with building it or should I have a bias trim pot installed.
Thanks jjanssen1

In this case if you can you should either breadboard the circuit or socket the transistors and bias resistors to allow tweaks. It will most likely fire up okay but if you are using Ge transistors you may want to tweak it for best "toan" :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!