News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WinterFog & TapeSkratch (2000ms Content)

Started by GrindCustoms, April 29, 2014, 03:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Finally got around fixing my Madbean ABDX built, chances are that Thorpy and Chordball started a thread in the TechHelp section... with some good advice and pointing from Scruffie.

I started this built a bit after Xmas this year and went through some issues, dry signal, modulation working everything working but the Delay... a nice buffer it was. Saw that thread yesterday with issues similar to mine, got in, fixed it! :D

Reason why i called it WinterFog is because of the painting process i used, sprayed the enclosure in flat black as usual, while the paint was wet, i went outside, grabbed some snow and drop'd it on the enclosure. Brought it back inside to let it melt and then put it in the stove for baking. Digging the result, can't wait next winter to build another one! :lol:

The inside became messy after a while, been putting in and out that pcb too many times....

Next is the TapeSkratch, 1776 Multiplex. Decided to box it today, since yesterday i started to work on the ABDX and it did'nt with the couple fixes i had made per the Tech thread... ...and i was GASing for a new delay to play with, had built one before in a 125B but it ended going to Geek in a amp parts trade. So i knew that i liked it. At first this board was going in the multi i'm doing for the live rig, but decided to put a MB ZeroPoint DLX instead. 

Spin had sent me one of Josh's Relay board thru our SLO parts transhipping and what not, decided to use it here, had never used one.

I do like the soft touch feel thingy but it seemed to add some wiring to my taste.. or just less convenient than a 3PDT daughter board. Also the effect status resets everytime you un-power the pedal.
Ok.. end of rant about relay bypass, it gives a killer look to the pedal exterior that i dig... but it's not my thing, i've tried it at least.

This is really a killer delay circuit tho... will probably be a staple on the «big board».

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

Raj I love the knobs and finishes on these. They look great.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys, really happy of how the ABDX came out, been frustrating over a long period time but this is my analog delay built, i guess there was a learning curve to follow.

Forgot to mention in the OP, i did the Ghost mod on switch on ABDX, it works, but i have to work around it. The trimpot, bottom right of pcb is too adjust the lower brightness of the LED in optocoupler, it's currently set so it basically shut down completely, with lots of feedback, the sounds i get out of this are nothing i have heard before.

Definitly need to meet up with my «guitar plug-in» friend to to make a demo of this and couple other things i think worth it.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lincolnic

These look really fantastic. If you do get to make demos, I'd love to hear your mods.

juansolo

Very nice Rej!

Just been modding my Multiplex some more. Already done the DLX mods (modulation and reverb) and altered the filtering to deep blue style. Now I've made the stretchy tape button a touch more sensitive by halving the values of the two resistors that control the ramp up/down. Much fun!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Awesome builds Rej.

I'm due another Multiplex + Reverb build. I miss mine  :'(

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

steveperiod

love these distressed (but not too distressed) looks. great job.

midwayfair

The Multiplex looks great.

You've used those UFO knobs a bit. Do yours tilt? I gave up on them because I couldn't find a shaft they fit properly.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: midwayfair on April 29, 2014, 05:13:21 PM

You've used those UFO knobs a bit. Do yours tilt? I gave up on them because I couldn't find a shaft they fit properly.

When i first started to use those knob they where also bugging me because of the tilt, tried to buy some from different sources, problem still occured.

Trick of the day!

Buisness card, cut a little piece of card or anything with a similar thickness put inside the knob, opposite side of the set screw and BAM! They fit straight! :D

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 29, 2014, 08:32:20 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on April 29, 2014, 05:13:21 PM

When i first started to use those knob they where also bugging me because of the tilt, tried to buy some from different sources, problem still occured.

Trick of the day!

Buisness card, cut a little piece of card or anything with a similar thickness put inside the knob, opposite side of the set screw and BAM! They fit straight! :D

Thanks for that, so simple its genius.
Cody

GrindCustoms

I see life that way, there ain't no problem, just solutions... ...sometime fire is the only solution...