Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD - Dr Scientist

Started by LaceSensor, April 07, 2014, 12:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

I implore everyone to support these awesome pedals from Canada
I have four of them now, and each one is wholly excellent

The BitQuest is a Spin FV-1 based multiFX pedal, with very expanded parameters.
Delay, reverb, flanger, notch filter, ring mod, bit crusher, HP/LP filters, pitch shifter.
Some amazing sounds in here. Stuff I never expected to hear at all.

This sums up my first 30 minutes.
- My girlfriend described the reverb as "beautiful" after about the 3rd note straight out the box.
- I found a really really great "drifting" modulated delay. That thing can go super crazy too, its reminding me of the Panda Particle I just picked up a lot (see pic below for settings)
- The ring mod can do an awesome tremolo, and the reverb on this patch is great too.
- Filters are smooth! Notch sounds lovely, like an envlope phaser on some settings
- The Flanger does some really nice sounds. Moreso to me than all the other sounds here, you definitely hear/tell its digital, which is the only drawback I spose.
- I'll be honest I dont really love the distortion; its really loud and obnoxious, but that'll be a major pro for a lot of guys here. I knew up front I wasnt gonna love that side of the pedal though.

FrazzDazzler is a high gain  / gated fuzz.
I really dig the voicing of the FrazzDazzler. Sustain on this thing is ridiculous.

Awesome NPD!

GrindCustoms

Nice!

I did'nt even knew that DrScientist was Canuck..... ::) :-[
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

micromegas

I'm listening to a demo right now and that pedal is sick! Added to my list...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

LaceSensor

Quote from: micromegas on April 07, 2014, 12:21:25 PM
I'm listening to a demo right now and that pedal is sick! Added to my list...

You should grab one, theres maybe 15 left from the initial "pre-order" run with custom acid etch boxes (no two the same)
see here:

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=39619

mattlee0037

Is this going to be production later?

LaceSensor

yeah but standard powdercoat

selfdestroyer

That BitQuest sounds interesting. I have always wanted to try a FV-1 based effect. I also love DrScientist attention to detail.

Cody

davent

Here's an old article, maybe 2009, on the couple that are Dr. Scientist.

http://www.techlifemag.ca/dr-scientist-guitar-pedals.htm
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

Dr. Scientist is a fantastic company. They do boutique the right way, in my opinion.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

LaceSensor

The four pedals I have from them are some of the finest examples of pedals in their class

Cosmichorus - dont think you could want for more in an analog chorus, bar tap tempo, but Ive never needed to tap chorus times...
Elements - hands down the best dirt pedal on the market in my opinion. I havent played them all. I stopped when I bought this.
Frazz dazzler - massive variety of fuzzy tones, great treble control, clean blend for bass, velcro/gated sounds. More sustain than thought possible
BitQuest - ridiculous bag of tricks. Does digital reverb and delay very well, but then has a host of other crazy sounds, modulations, noisey things and generally a plethora of usable and unusable sounds. Dont think anything else packs so much into a 125b to be honest.

I wish I had need for a reverb and tremolo as I think the RRR and Tremolessence would be equally excellent.

mattlee0037

I'll have to save and grab a production run as this looks AMAZING

raulduke

Looks really cool. Awesome stuff as usual from the Dr.

A Dr Scientist pedal is the next on my list of 'must have'.

Need to sell some of what I have got first though.