News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Holy Sh*t I get it now!

Started by jimilee, April 10, 2014, 07:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So about a year and a half ago I built a paramix. meh....I have been thinking about the Billy Sheehan overdrive pedal. I really like it and I really like his sound.  There has been talk over on DIYSB about getting that same type of effect and someone mentions the paramix, I'm thinking it's just a blender not a mixer. Today I hooked my up and damn if it's exactly what it says it is, a mixer. I can control the levels of both dry bass and distorted bass, not just one or the other, NOW I GET IT!!! It'a like I have a new toy again without having to build it or buy.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Exellent.  Now you have no excuse why you can't nail all his solos from his Talas days......
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 10, 2014, 08:01:19 PM
Exellent.  Now you have no excuse why you can't nail all his solos from his Talas days......
Yep, that was the whole problem right there. I DO have 10 fingers on each hand... ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

I built one when Barry released it - it was when he was still selling etched boards.  I tried to jam it into a too-small enclosure & it didn't work.  I never took the time to troubleshoot it, it's sitting in a drawer in my workshop.  I'll have to blow the dust off it & get it working.  Or maybe just build a new one from scratch.  Earlier today I bought a bundle / special from Barry & there is a Paramix board in it.