News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking II (Glutton for punishment version)

Started by MarcFive, June 15, 2014, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcFive

So here is some shots for someone considering the "all the options" build. The in and output jacks were moved
to the outside pot centers to make room for the switching. I meant to have a bit more room between the jacks and pots but somehow layed it out wrong, also layed out the switches a little off too. I crowded the 3PDT to leave some extra room above. I really didn't think this might take the place of my Klon, but I may have to do a better enclosure for this build. The options are killer.

The problems I ran into with this build were, the drilling template shows a small circle in the general vicinity of the LED, It's not the LED. It was close enough to bend the leads of the LED to work. That happened with the Kinslayer II, also. The build DOC for this mod doesn't show wiring the input sleeve to the board. This needs to be done. :o I thought there was a reason it wasn't shown on this mod when the others clearly show it.

lincolnic

For a build with so much stuff, that enclosure looks impressively tidy. Nice job.

blearyeyes

Amazing work.
I have one to build...think I'll go for a bigger box!

Are all your mods in the Docs or did you do more?

MarcFive

For a build with so much stuff, that enclosure looks impressively tidy. Nice job.

Thank you, It looked better the first time I put it in the box, but I had some trouble shooting to do... :o

Are all your mods in the Docs or did you do more?

Yes, just as per the build doc's, and took every suggestion to use sockets. Although I haven't tried
substituting values yet. The thing sounds killer just the way it is.

mah62

nice build and very brave of you! I'm awaiting a bs250 to finish mine: a stripped down basic/ no mods or clipping switches, version. Being lazy, really and also when I have too many switches on a pedal I spend too much time A/Bing sounds.

In honour of your build I will call it "mutton for dinner" :-D

Mark

madbean

Quote from: MarcFive on June 15, 2014, 09:11:29 AM
The problems I ran into with this build were, the drilling template shows a small circle in the general vicinity of the LED, It's not the LED. It was close enough to bend the leads of the LED to work. That happened with the Kinslayer II, also. The build DOC for this mod doesn't show wiring the input sleeve to the board. This needs to be done. :o I thought there was a reason it wasn't shown on this mod when the others clearly show it.

That's kinda surprising on the LED because the crosshair is in the exact spot of the origin of the part. I wonder why there is an offset?

On the wiring diagram...yeah mine is a little misleading on the buffer/tb switch mode. I show the battery hookup but not the ring wiring from the jack. It should be one or the other. I'll fix it to show the correct wiring using a battery.

madbean

Okay I fixed the wiring diagram and uploaded it.

Looking at your build again, it looks like you might have drilled the spot for the LED where the extra little mounting hole on the PCB is located instead of the LED location. On the drill diagram the LED is shown by the outline with the x-hairs in the middle. If I'm wrong, my apologies...kinda hard to tell.

MarcFive

Okay I fixed the wiring diagram and uploaded it.

Looking at your build again, it looks like you might have drilled the spot for the LED where the extra little mounting hole on the PCB is located instead of the LED location. On the drill diagram the LED is shown by the outline with the x-hairs in the middle. If I'm wrong, my apologies...kinda hard to tell.
Report to moderator     Logged

Ya, when you print the drill sheet and you're (I'm) looking for the LED to drill, what catches your attention is the little round circle about the size of an LED. Not the tiny little crosshair that prints rather faintly. It got me twice. If it happens again I won't admit it. ::)

MarcFive

Forgot to mention Mr. Madbean, this pedal rocks. Nails the Klon tone (I own one), but also has the killer mods. If
I could only keep one pedal, I'd keep the Sunking II. If anyone is contemplating this build, I highly recommend all the mods, the buffer thing depends on your setup. Oh, the LED I threw in there is a high intensity white, sorta like looking at the sun when it's on 8)

madbean

I'm superhappy you are pleased with it!

On the LED I'll just be more attentive in the future and illustrate on the diagrams what the LED and mounting holes are, if any.