News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DPDT switch wiring

Started by AntKnee, April 03, 2014, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

I'm building the buffered bypass version of the simplified centaur from tagboard. Find it here:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/03/klon-centaur-bare-bones.html?showComment=1396552192981#c3522234994566461261.

I'm a bit confused by the diagram. I'm trying to wire this up, but don't know what to do with "Output Jack & Sw5" and "Volume 2 and Sw6". Do I put two wires in the board, or go to the jack and then the switch, or the switch and then the jack? There are two wires to Sw4, do they both go to the switch lug? Do any jumpers go on the switch? Just need some help wiring the switch altogether. This is my first vero attempt and first use of DPDT switch.

Thanks for the help!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jimilee

Naa, go from the board to the output jack and then another wire from output jack to sw5. It will be easier because the output jack has more room for 2 wires. And the same for volume 2 to sw6. The lugs on the pot are big enough for 2 wires as well. This should make for neater wiring as opposed to running 2 wires off of the vero board.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AntKnee

Quote from: jimilee on April 03, 2014, 07:41:26 PM
Naa, go from the board to the output jack and then another wire from output jack to sw5. It will be easier because the output jack has more room for 2 wires. And the same for volume 2 to sw6. The lugs on the pot are big enough for 2 wires as well. This should make for neater wiring as opposed to running 2 wires off of the vero board.

Dude, Thank You!!!!!
What about the Sw4 part, just take the two wires and put them on the switch?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jimilee

Quote from: AntKnee on April 03, 2014, 07:54:46 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 03, 2014, 07:41:26 PM

Dude, Thank You!!!!!
What about the Sw4 part, just take the two wires and put them on the switch?
yes
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.