News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New source for Epcos caps

Started by Leevibe, April 17, 2014, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

I just got an email update from MCM Electronics this morning and they are now carrying Epcos box caps. From a cursory comparison, their prices are a fraction of Mouser for 63v 5%.

flanagan0718

I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevibe

Of course, Paul's prices kill Mouser's too! And no doubt his customer service exceeds theirs.

DutchMF

If they drop their price even further when you go beyond the 25 pcs (lets say over 100), this screams group-buy!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

mattlee0037

Wow, nice. How much is shipping normally?

Edit: see 6 dollars and free over 199

Edit 2: Just called and for the the ones priced at 9 cents at 1000 they would price break to 8 cents, so I'd assume 18  cent ones would drop to 16ish at 1000?

pickdropper

I wish they provided more info.     I didn't see anything with dimensional info.  Maybe I missed it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

Quote from: pickdropper on April 17, 2014, 07:24:39 PM
I wish they provided more info.     I didn't see anything with dimensional info.  Maybe I missed it.

I noticed that too. I just copy/pasted part#s over to mouser to see specs

flanagan0718

Quote from: pickdropper on April 17, 2014, 07:24:39 PM
I just took a look and they do have a Datasheet. It take a bit of reading and de-coding but that sizes are there.

GermanCdn

Price on their DPDT toggles are pretty good too ($0.75 each for 10+), wonder if they are any good.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Leevibe

Quote from: rullywowr on April 17, 2014, 08:43:00 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

Happy to share. You should definitely spend some time poking around on their site. I discovered them a couple years ago when I bought a Raspberry Pi for my son. They have a little of everything. They seem to be associated with Newark in some way judging by their logo.

Clayford

Quote from: Leevibe on April 17, 2014, 06:26:36 PM
Of course, Paul's prices kill Mouser's too! And no doubt his customer service exceeds theirs.
This and more. This works for small quantities, but once you hit the 100 mark, Mouser (and maybe Paul just ask!!) are the way to go.  The only one I saw that was decent pricing in the "group buy" area over mouser were the 1 µF at $0.22/100 and again Paul and Kemets. That said, like Arrow, they are local and overall good people. They are also affiliated with Allied Electronics.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded