News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where do you buy your LM13700N?

Started by micromegas, March 18, 2014, 12:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

I recently discovered the magic this chip has in it and would like to buy some units.

I've seen that "janeh2100" has them at good price on ebay, but read many bad things about this seller on the forum.

So here's the question: where do you buy your LM13700 from when you want to do a bulk order?

Thanks in advance,
Adán
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Haberdasher

if you're in europe try farnell maybe
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

raulduke

Yeah I got mine from Farnell.

Rapid are also worth a try. Mouser has a UK site too. I've started using them for a lot of stuff.

dondougie

culturejam

Quote from: DonDougie on March 18, 2014, 10:31:43 AM
Tayda has them, too.

Yep. I bought my last two batches from Tayda. No issues with quality. They don't have the SMD version, but the price is right.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

midwayfair

I get mine from Mouser.

Smallbear carries the LM13600. In some designs you won't notice the difference (I can't hear anything different in the Engineer's Thumb, for instance). However, I've noticed that the trivibe sounds specifically better with the 13600 despite the extra noise. The one I built with an 13700 is too bright.

RobA

I think all of the big name places carry them. There is also the JRC part, NJM13700, that works just as well everywhere I've tried it and tends to be cheaper. In the US, Mouser carries them.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

micromegas

Thank you guys for all your suggestions.

I think I'll grab some from Mouser (although those aren't the cheapest ones) and a bunch from Tayda (I was not sure about the quality of those, but the price worth a try and if they work for Forrest it sure will do for me - I hope).

Also I just realized that my local supplier carries those JRC so will follow your advice too Rob and buy some of those.

I'm sure I will give all of them use :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io