Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Using a Ts08 as "booster" for a Fuzz Face + Zero point DD

Started by Gledison, March 11, 2014, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey Guys.
As most of you im still in a search for the holy tone! :P
well, yesterday, fulling around with my pedals (only 4 at the moment! :( ) i came out by accident with the following sequence:
Crybaby (off)> TS08>Fuzz face (tonepad)>Zero point DD.
i will the hours to describe the settings  ::)
The volume of the Fuzz face is at (10:00) and the fuzz at 09:00. The tubescreamer is at a very low volume (07:00) and low gain (09:00).
The delay is only for an ambience and is all set at (09:00)
Well, with this setup i can get a very "beefy, bity (dont know if this term exist)" tone, its a kind of heavy metal distortion however you hear very clear each note, kind of Gary moore tone :S
The Zero point DD somehow boosts the volume as well, as well high frequences, which fits quite nice with this constelation.
So, here my stupid question/comment, Have you ever tried such constelation? feeding the fuzz with a tube screamer?
Im asking because its the first time im setting up my pedalboard and im not sure of a lot of things...
thanks guys!!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

midwayfair

Overdrive into fuzz is not as uncommon as people who insist that "a fuzz must go right after the guitar" people would have you believe. In your case, the overdrive is cutting the bass, removing the input loading by providing a buffer, and so the fuzz face is going to sound much, much cleaner and less saturated. You'd get a similar sound with just a buffer in front, minus the bass cut.

I put my fuzz face after my compressor, which does something similar and turns the FF into just an awesome cutting overdrive sound that I can stack with another overdrive when I need something slightly higher gain. I tried the fuzz right after my guitar and it just never worked as well.

Gledison

Quote from: midwayfair on March 11, 2014, 03:07:34 PM
Overdrive into fuzz is not as uncommon as people who insist that "a fuzz must go right after the guitar" people would have you believe. In your case, the overdrive is cutting the bass, removing the input loading by providing a buffer, and so the fuzz face is going to sound much, much cleaner and less saturated. You'd get a similar sound with just a buffer in front, minus the bass cut.

I put my fuzz face after my compressor, which does something similar and turns the FF into just an awesome cutting overdrive sound that I can stack with another overdrive when I need something slightly higher gain. I tried the fuzz right after my guitar and it just never worked as well.
Hey John, this is interesting! I would like to have my overdrive free to cranck it when i need it! I didn't get the buffer part of ur explanation, could u please guide me to some literature about it or tryo explain to this dumb here:)
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Blues Healer

I like OD into fuzz a lot!

especially with an old TS9, and a simple fuzz into a tweed Deluxe ;)
"music heals"