News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blu-Tack.....

Started by peAk, March 02, 2014, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

No Panavise but have BluTac and clothes pins.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Here we go again! Now I really want the real deal!! I'm not kidding. It's crazy that amazon is the only place for it and that it's so silly expensive. Oh well.

peAk

Quote from: Leevibe on March 10, 2014, 07:43:35 PM
Here we go again! Now I really want the real deal!! I'm not kidding. It's crazy that amazon is the only place for it and that it's so silly expensive. Oh well.

that's exactly how I felt. Especially after buying the cheap blue knock off stuff.

Then I thought to myself there can't be that many people on here using it if it isn't that good.

This stuff is great. I finished two boards and didn't have any of the putty stick to anything. The thing I like about it compared to what I was using (electrical tape and pcb swivel clamp) is that many times I would have stuff slip out just a little. Like sometimes my sockets were a little angled, or maybe capacitors were a little taller than they orginally were suppose to be.

The thing I have to be careful with the blu-tack is making sure I don't push down too hard with things like capacitors. I bent a few with it but only because I was going straight ontop of it.

Willybomb

It's as common as dirt over here in Australia.  If anyone wants some, let me know and I'll post it over!