News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Best luck of your life?

Started by mattlee0037, March 09, 2014, 06:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattlee0037

Ever have one of those moments that doesn't feel real? Today I went to see Kings of Leon and Gary Clark Jr. at the United Center. We had really crappy tickets in the 300's the furthest section back which were still around 60 each. The Kings of Leon however have their guitar tech Nacho walk around crappy seating areas and give out tickets to people that recognize him. Walking to our seat my friend notices Nacho and we take some pictures with him and as we are about to walk away he hands each of use front row tickets and just tells us we have to be excited. We were in the literal front row for one of my favorite bands ever. They truly need to be seen live to appreciated. All in all the biggest stroke of luck of my life so far. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Cortexturizer

HEhe that's awesome.

I had something similar once, Jean-Michelle Jarre had a concert in my city and we were all broke, the tickets were really expensive as well...but we had a friend who spent his pre-teens in Paris high-school so almost like a native French speaker. Somehow, he managed to scam the security guy at the back entrance that we are on some list that nobody ever heard of, so we ended going in for no charge whatsoever hehehe, not only that, he managed to meet Jarre's manager, and we had pictures with Jarre and he autographed my ID card (ok, more like a little book) hehehe I was carrying that with me for years...until we switched to electronic ID cards that are just a lifeless piece of plastic.

That was a pretty lucky day I suppose. Incredible sound in the venue that day, Jarre on the top of his game. Ahh...thank you for reminding me about this.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Gledison

That is great!
i think is a nice attitute of the Nacho (sorry, first time i've heard his name).
i get annoyed in most shows, where the first rows are somehow "reserved" for important people in town, media, whatever. The real fans that really would like to sit close most of the time dont have money to buy the best sits.
i rembember once, in joe's bonamassa show in Geramny, he throw away some picks. i was after the show around the first rows, and i saw one on the floor and when i was almost getting it a bloody woman step on it and took it. She says "my son will love this"! i asked, how old is he? 10.   i asked, does he like joe? Not really. but he can sell it on ebay.
fuT$E£%$%ing bi"%$ch!

Im glad you get lucky and i hope i will get so lucky one day!!! oh, wait, i have a picture with Ian Gillan, a ritchie blackmore's pick, Roli Grapow pick, roger Glover's pick...
yeah, i was a bit lucky in the past as well...
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

micromegas

Similar thing with AC/DC happened to me the only time I've seen them live. Worst tickets imaginable, 7 hours in a row under the sun (enough to get drunk, meet some people and get sober again) but then the doors opened and we managed to get in the front row.

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

atreidesheir

Peter Frampton bought me a Cosmpolitan(drink) at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis 3 years ago.  He thought we were funny.  He has a great wit.   
I already had tix for his show that night.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

peAk

when I was younger, I met Pearl Jam right and partied with them in their tour van.

It was a show with about 1000-1500 people. They literally blew up like a couple of months later when "Alive" went mainstream. It was at a pretty small venue that used to be here in Houston called The Vatican.

RobA

Quote from: Cortexturizer on March 09, 2014, 10:05:45 AM
HEhe that's awesome.

I had something similar once, Jean-Michelle Jarre had a concert in my city and we were all broke, the tickets were really expensive as well...but we had a friend who spent his pre-teens in Paris high-school so almost like a native French speaker. Somehow, he managed to scam the security guy at the back entrance that we are on some list that nobody ever heard of, so we ended going in for no charge whatsoever hehehe, not only that, he managed to meet Jarre's manager, and we had pictures with Jarre and he autographed my ID card (ok, more like a little book) hehehe I was carrying that with me for years...until we switched to electronic ID cards that are just a lifeless piece of plastic.

That was a pretty lucky day I suppose. Incredible sound in the venue that day, Jarre on the top of his game. Ahh...thank you for reminding me about this.

That would have been cool to see. Équinoxe was one of my favorite albums to zone out to with headphones in the dark when I was just out of high school.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).