News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

buzzing in the background and too much bass (lovepedal woodrow)

Started by aran.e666, March 13, 2014, 04:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aran.e666

ok so the other day this idea comes to mind that i really want to make an electra distortion so i found the woodrow. great. but when i plug it in to my rig and everything has been checked only distortion comes out when the lower strings play at once. not only that but it makes a `bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz` noise in the background. this really fustrates me as it just dosent work but it is so so close. id appriciate any help and if you guys need any pics or anything, let me know. thanks
Guitar is love, guitar is life.

GermanCdn

Sounds like you've got a grounding issue from the bzzzzzzzzzz.  Likely one of your jacks isn't grounded properly.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aran.e666

hmmm well my test rig got dropped out the window ( not that i threw it :-[ ) and it dosent have an enclosure so im guessing that i should wire it up again and see if it works. il let you know if not. but apart from the osound i tink that the bass might be that the input cap is a 47n. is that too much? thanks

GermanCdn

Put in the effort and box up your test rig, put a good quality switch on it, and ground everything.  You'd be surprised how much more successful you're going to be with that.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aran.e666

Houston we have a problem lol. Ive only got 2 jacks so im going to wire up this effect and see how it goes. Also do you think the cap values a right? 47n, 47uf, 0.1uf

aran.e666

Well I risked it and it works. Volume. Bypass. Everything!!! ;D thanks guys for the great advice  :D