News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any one know how to tone stack?

Started by flanagan0718, February 27, 2014, 04:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey guys, I am modding an MXR Dist+ and I can't seem to get the tone stack mod working properly. It is one of the newer models and every schematic I look up has different values for the capacitors. Any other cool mods would be welcomed as well. Thanks a million!

RobA

Do you have a link to the schematic for the mod you want to use?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

flanagan0718

I was using these instructions but nothing was lining up. The values for the Cap and resistor labels were off.

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/new/node/675

RobA

It does line up with schematics I've got for the distortion+. But, h hasn't included the power supply section in his schematic, so the labels are going to be different.

If you are just looking to do the tone control mod itself, that would just be on the 1nF cap after the clipping section and should be reasonably easy to find. To do the other tone related mods though, he's pretty much inverted the control on the gain structure to do it. It's basically a new pedal.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

flanagan0718

Nice thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk