News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass Compressor

Started by Hexjibber, February 20, 2014, 03:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Hi guys,

Just had a question about what sort of pedal I would need for the following application;

Basically I run a guitar into a Micro POG and send the Effect Out to a bass amp to sort of replicate a bass guitar. The sound is pretty good but sometimes a bit uneven, I'm looking for a pedal that will help even it out and sort of tighten up and fatten the sound a bit, would a compressor be the right pedal for the job? If so, could anyone point me in the direction of a good DIY project for one?

Much appreciated!
Graham

GermanCdn

Tight and fat - go for an Afterlife comp feeding a Fatpants, put the level of the Afterlife on a trimmer inside, you can easily  fit the circuit into a 125B or even a 1590B.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Hexjibber

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 20, 2014, 04:29:41 PM
Tight and fat - go for an Afterlife comp feeding a Fatpants, put the level of the Afterlife on a trimmer inside, you can easily  fit the circuit into a 125B or even a 1590B.

That sounds bang on, thanks man!

GermanCdn

Here's the link to the one I built, I put an effects loop between the comp and the boost, and put Josh's six shooter EQ in there.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=8182.msg70978#msg70978
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

thesameage

Just posted a similar ask above and saw this... looks nice! I've got a fatpants board on hand already.