News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Hole - Zero Point Delay

Started by Kinki fuzz, February 24, 2014, 08:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

Here's my Zero Point DD. I'm impressed.

Delay is not an effect I use every day, and I already had two delays, but still I felt like building something from the Zero Point family. I don't use modulation in the delay usually so I though DD was for me, with just the minimum controls for a delay.
When I tested the thing it blew my mind. Sounds awesome. Compared to a EHX Memory Boy it has less brightness, as I would expect from a tape delay, never played a one myself, but it makes sense in my mind. The extended delay time allows for real space madness, and I can be hours literally playing and making sounds with it. Like diving in a Black Hole, thus the name. Love it.

I decide to use a BB box because 1- I'm not comfortable with tight builds and 2- I like how that EHX style layout looks. Still I was stupid enough to make the 9V jack hole in the wrong place, so I needed to use a low profile one, but apart from that annoying detail  I'm quite happy. I don't know how you guys are able to build anything in a 1590A.

About the pcb: great sounding, pain free, no issue, straight forward build. Madbean is my hero.
I will probably go for the cave dweller next.

alanp

That layout is neat :) Millenium bypass?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: alanp on February 24, 2014, 09:15:42 AM
That layout is neat :) Millenium bypass?
Yes! Millenium. I have some old 2pdt switches so I decided I will use them. It works great.

televisiondown

I agree...the EHX layout is great! Good job :) How are you liking the Ghost option?
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

LaceSensor

thats sick, dude. in a good way.
Like the old school millennium bypass and good quality carling (?) switch.

Ian

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: televisiondown on February 24, 2014, 01:25:42 PM
I agree...the EHX layout is great! Good job :) How are you liking the Ghost option?
It's great. Sounds terrific. I love it both with and without the ghost engaged, it sounds deeper with the ghost and feels more psychedelic to me with long delays, which is something I love. Add some fuzz, maybe some phaser and you´re set for the space trip.

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 24, 2014, 02:57:11 PM
thats sick, dude. in a good way.
Like the old school millennium bypass and good quality carling (?) switch.

Ian
Yes, Carling, I used them a lot before switching (he!) to 3PDTs, they are great quality and strong, they are coming from old projects I dismantled lately and I'm enjoying using them again.