News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hiding the pots washers

Started by Gledison, February 22, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

I ordered some small knobs but they dont fit deep in the pot shaft enough to hide the washer. Im thinking about to cut a little bit the shaft off, but if someone has a better idea on how to hide the washers would be great! Is there any washers covers or something like that? 😛
Thanks guys
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Leevibe

If you have room inside the case, you can lower the pot down into the pedal by adding a thick washer or an extra nut inside. Then you wouldn't have to cut the shaft. The trick will be not having the knob drag on the external nut. You might have to play with the thickness of the internal spacer to get it just right. You could also remove the external washer altogether and just be really careful not to mar the case when you tighten it.

Gledison

Quote from: Leevibe on February 22, 2014, 05:35:38 PM
If you have room inside the case, you can lower the pot down into the pedal by adding a thick washer or an extra nut inside. Then you wouldn't have to cut the shaft. The trick will be not having the knob drag on the external nut. You might have to play with the thickness of the internal spacer to get it just right. You could also remove the external washer altogether and just be really careful not to mar the case when you tighten it.
I've tried that buy not much space inside for it! :(
Im wondering if there is something like a plastic/metal/ruber etc.. Ring which looks like a donut cut in half... That would be a solution:P
Cheers mate 
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Leevibe

Quote from: Gledison on February 22, 2014, 05:49:34 PM

Quote from: Leevibe on February 22, 2014, 05:35:38 PM
I've tried that buy not much space inside for it! :(
Im wondering if there is something like a plastic/metal/ruber etc.. Ring which looks like a donut cut in half... That would be a solution:P
Cheers mate

If you find some, let me know. I'd be interested too.