News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Press n Peel in the UK

Started by Guybrush, February 12, 2014, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey

Just wondering if any fellow UK Madbeaner's know of a good (i.e cheap) suppliers of Press n Peel. The cheapest I can fond on ebay is £5.68 for a single sheet. It's obviously cheaper to buy in bulk but I really don't need loads of sheets, just one or two.

Anyone had any luck finding a cheaper supplier?

Thanks

stevie1556

I'm sure I've got some somewhere. If I have I'll send you some sheets as I don't use it anymore.

Lemmie have a look and I'll get back to you tonight.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Guybrush

Thank you so much. Enormously appreciated!

rullywowr

The yellow stuff on ebay works a treat.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

muddyfox

rullywowr

muddyfox

Oh that!
I thought you meant there's an actual yellow "foil" like the blue PnP stuff...

I have some of this yellow stuff and for me it works worse than magazine paper (or equal at best).
It could be my iron, though...

Guybrush

I've never seen the yellow stuff before. Have you had good experiences with it then Rullywowr? I'm hoping to use it to etch an enclosure rather than to make pcbs? Do you know if it works on aluminium?
Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

muddyfox

I've tried it on aluminum (same purpose) and it's not transfering all that well. But like I said, we've changed toners at work so it may well be due to the crappy replacement toner. I need to do some more testing, I just can't find the time.

Guybrush

Ahh, I've had the same problem with PnP in the past. I made sure I ordered the next lot of toner and switched back to the stuff that worked.
Cheers for the reply.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rullywowr

I don't etch as much as I used to but the yellow stuff works pretty well for me. Better than magazine paper, releases great. The toner has a lot to do with it...brother toner doesn't work so well