News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus issue!

Started by Searing75, February 13, 2014, 03:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searing75

I get no sound out of the pedal until I set the gain at around four o clock.  Then I get that exagerated increase in sensitivity past that point.

Also, the volume of the effect engaged is much higher than the non affected tone?

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Chris

jimilee

Post a thread in the tech supprt section with clear well lit photos. Right off I'd say reflow everything and check your values to make sure you didn't inadvertently swap say a 100r and a 100k for example.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: Searing75 on February 13, 2014, 03:19:21 AM
I get no sound out of the pedal until I set the gain at around four o clock.  Then I get that exagerated increase in sensitivity past that point.

Also, the volume of the effect engaged is much higher than the non affected tone?

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Chris

This is the gain pot taper issue mentioned in the build document. Everything's bunched up in the last quarter of the turn. A reverse log is better; you can also use a linear taper and limit it to something like 700K with parallel resistance.

And there's no reasonable cure for the volume differences, not even putting the volume pot external will guarantee you unity in all settings. I suspect that the original unit wasn't really made to be turned on and off mid song. My best suggestion is to set the gain where it's best for your main guitar in your favorite mode, and then set the volume trimmer for as close to unity as you can get.