News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage Fright Resistor Alternative

Started by BuzzKing, February 11, 2014, 03:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzKing

I am having trouble locally sourcing the 3 K ohm resistor (R48) on my Stage Fright build. I do not need to make any orders for other parts right now and really don't want to order a 5 cent part. Can I use a 2.7 K ohm or a 3.3 K ohm resistor instead? I have plenty of those on hand. If so which would be best to use.

Rick "BuzzKing" Kienle

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

If they're not 1% tolerance, you could probably measure the ones you've got and find one that's pretty close to 3k.

RobA

You could probably get away with either the 2.7k or 3.3k, but in that position, you are going to be better off using the precise value. Since there are several 1.5k resistors in the circuit, I'm guessing you have some of those, so you could use two of those in series to make up the 3.0k.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

BuzzKing

Thanks,

Most of my resistors are 5% tolerance, some 2%. I will measure some 2.7 and 3.3 and see if one is actually close.

I do have plenty of 1.5k so I can use 2 of those.

I will likely socket the position and the next time I have to order from Mouser will get some 3k.

Rick