News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FootSwitches - TC ELETRONICS

Started by filipejunqueira, February 02, 2014, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filipejunqueira

Dear Pedals maniacs,

Hello. My name is Filipe and I'm very much obsessed by making my own effects pedals.
My question is regarding foot switches. I live in Brazil and the manufacturing effects pedal here is not much of a culture, so is hard to come across some specific hardware made for guitar pedals.
For instance foot switches. I can only find the Blue one here. That foot switch is kind of hard to step in and not as smooth as the one Tc Eletronics (for instance) use in their pedals.
Does any one know what kind of better FootSwithes are there out there and even what kind Foot Switch TC Eletronics use?

Cheers

Filipe

garfo

That is a 4pdt.You could use a simple 3pdt but it will still be a hard switch on the touch.These switches are used to wire pedals in true bypass connections.TC electronics even though they say their pedals are true bypassed, they are not.Not sure what kind of switches they are using, but I'm sure that the signal is always processed.
Boa sorte ;)

rullywowr

Some of the newer TC effects (Hall of Fame Reverb etc) use a momentary switch (most likely tied to a relay) to achieve true bypass.  The older TC ones can vary on how the bypass was implemented.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

wgc

Some guys are using relays with simpler switches
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings