Main Menu

Sea Urchin Delay ... second pedal build

Started by brucer, February 03, 2014, 06:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucer

Hey Jimilee.

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2014, 03:26:08 PM
This is your second build ever?

You're being nice, but I appreciate it!  I guess, technically, it's my third build.  I learned to solder by making a tweed Princeton-style amp, then a BYOC pedal, then the Sea Urchin.  I just take it SLOW and methodical with lots of back-checks for cold solder joints, solder bridges, etc.  That's kinda why I posted.  Everybody starts somewhere and most of the build reports on Madbean are so impressive, it's hard to imagine ever being that good.

Thanks again, Bruce.

jimilee

Oh oh oh so you first built an amp and then built pedals....well that makes everything all better then doesn't it. *See previous post about quitting. Have you built anything else, space station maybe, solar powered car? I'm kidding, great to have you around, and we all look forward to your "meager" builds....:-p
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

I did a 5E3 head long before any pedals :) Amps are fun, but way expensive compared to pedals.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Don't worry. If this is how you start off, you'll be blowing the rest of us out of the water in no time. Welcome to the forum!