News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Awesome Electronic Parts Seller

Started by Ettore_M, January 29, 2014, 08:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

Firtsly, I want to make it clear that I don't know the seller and I'm not associated with them in any way!
Just point it out to guys who will find it useful.

So, some of you probably know it already, but Nooelec is the best!
I got a handful of PT2399s from him and they came today. I open the package and it was the first time I see the chips in plastic antistatic package. And to make it better, the guys are over in US (not China as I first thought because of the low price) and the package was sent as First Class International. I'll sure buy from them again!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

muddyfox

I've gotten some stuff from that outfit, never figured they weren't in China...  ;D
No complaints on the items.

rullywowr

I have had mixed results (50% success) with NooElec.  I ordered one item from them without a problem.  My second shipment never arrived and they put a number in  the eBay "tracking" which wasn't actually a "tracking" number.  It was some sort of confirmation number from USPS which means pretty much nothing.

After escalating the case and some back and forth I received a full refund about 45 days from placing my order.  I don't fault them for the package not arriving but I thought it was a little sketchy to put a number in the "tracking" box which actually wasn't a tracking number.  All said and done, I would probably order from them again as the prices are good and they seem to ship fast.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

culturejam

I just checked their site. They don't seem to have any ICs in stock??
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Ettore_M

Quote from: rullywowr on January 29, 2014, 09:44:58 PM
All said and done, I would probably order from them again as the prices are good and they seem to ship fast.
They have indeed fast shipping, and the prices are pretty good. For example, I heard from many guys here that their PT2399s are mostly good. So, it's cheaper from places like Tayda (where I do most of my orders) wherethe quality won't be that good.

Quote from: culturejam on January 29, 2014, 09:45:48 PM
I just checked their site. They don't seem to have any ICs in stock??
Maybe it's a new site. You should probably check their Ebay store! ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Ettore_M

Quote from: pickdropper on January 29, 2014, 11:20:22 PM
I just wish they had SMT PT2399s.
Exactly! Dave, can I ask where you buy your SMD supplies from?

Hector
- Culturejam

micromegas

I've just ordered 20 pt2399 for me and a friend from nooelec
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

derevaun

Seems to be a trend among some large ebay sellers. Sunpec has a web store that ships from the US, as does Thaishine, which is Tayda. Their webstore prices are cheaper than their ebay prices.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: derevaun on January 30, 2014, 12:22:34 AM
Seems to be a trend among some large ebay sellers. Sunpec has a web store that ships from the US, as does Thaishine, which is Tayda. Their webstore prices are cheaper than their ebay prices.

Makes sense due to the fees that are accumulated from selling with eBay and using PayPal.

Blues Healer

Ettore,
thanks for the post ... I just ordered a Multiplex pcb, and as I was reading the documentation, I realized that it would be a good idea to order more PT2399s.
Since some suppliers are expensive, I did a search and ended up ordering a few from NooElec. At least he shows a picture of what looks like the real chip on his EBay listing ... some others don't.

"music heals"

gtr2

Last batch of 100 pt2399's I bought was from NooElec.  All tested out as good as they come... (I have a pt2399 testing rig with a ZIF socket)

Excellent seller!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

ncdb07

The pt2399's I got from them a year ago were fake. They had a "D" instead of a "P". It worked fine for about 6 months and then locked up. The picture in the listing showed a "P".

ncdb07
Daniel