News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Which purple works best with black graphic?

Started by AntKnee, January 26, 2014, 11:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

I ordered a purple enclosure from Mammoth, but its too dark to put a black graphic on it.
Does anyone know if any of the purple paint jobs from PPP are light enough for a black graphic? Pics of examples are welcome!
Thanks!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jimilee

What are you using to put the graphic on the pedal? I've recently switched to white waterslide paper and this hlps with dark grahics on a dark enclosure.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AntKnee

I have clear and white waterslide paper. I also have some window sticker transparent film. I can use whatever works best, just dont want the decal to alter the purple background. I want black on purple without haziness.

I suppose what I would really like to see is anyones pics of their prepainted purple enclosures.

AntKnee

Here is my concept. I basically want all the white to show through as purple, even inside the car. So it has a sort of "etched" onto purple look.

jimilee

What I do in that situation is find the color sample and use it in photoshop. In my case, I got to krylon's website or rustoleum.in your case, I'd go to ppp's website and see if you can sample the color. Otherwise, yeah the graphic turns out too dark on clear waterside. In the show off section I have 2 pedals, the game of tones and double take,moth on purple enclosures with the foremen toned method of sampling. Because of the color of purple I used, it's a light grape, it turned out blue in the photographs but looks great.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AntKnee

The first box I got was way too deep purple (dun dun duun, dun dun dun-dun  ;D) but the second one is lighter and has metallic awesomeness. Still want an opinion from anyone willing to give it. What do you think? Is the graphic just not popping enough?
Heres a shot with flash and without. Looks great in the flash, but it will almost never have this light on it.

AntKnee