News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buzzaround - Bumblebee

Started by Kinki fuzz, January 29, 2014, 02:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

Very proud of this unit. The paint and overall finish turned out pretty well and matched what I was looking for (for the first time!).

For the transistors I tried some tonebender sets I had, all sounded fine, I choose the best of course, but the difference was minimum. It's a set from fellow Chromosphere, don't remember if AC125s or AC128s right know. It sounds terrific anyway.

I'm stoked about the sound, I think I repeat myself, I say "I love the sound" of everything I build (specially fuzzes!!), I'm very enthusiastic maybe (and I don't build stuff if I don't "love it"), but this fuzz stands out from the rest, great tone with a perfect balance of dirt, spark, wamth, not far from a 3 knob tonebender(my nÂș1, until now), but with a distinctive voice.
The control layout is a little strange at first, as we have the mind used to the usual gain-tone-vol scheme, but it allows a wide array of sounds (for a fuzz), so it's ok for me.
Yesterday I tested it with my band and through an Orange amp it sings, amazing. We are recording this weekend and this is going to be my main fuzz no doubt, will be using it in most of the solos .
Recommended!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

I love my Buzzaround too, although I did not build it myself. I think yours looks great!  :)

I like how it can do both vintage fuzz sounds but also a huge, modern distortion.

das234

Looks good.  I've come to really love my Fozzaround (on MB PCB).  Darn near makes me sound like a guitar player.  +1 on the recommendation for those who haven't built one.

Cortexturizer

This is a pedal that I have high hopes for, I managed to get some OC beauties for it, just never got to build it, I gotta do it soon. So glad you love yours, it looks awesome and I can imagine the tone...Cheers!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

hoodoo

Very nice mate, clean, simple graphics, sounds great, perfect  :)

chromesphere

Looks awesome, love the gold finish, nice job fitting it all in a 1590b!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jalmonsalmon

Very nice build!
I have one that I made last year... was good but I am STILL juggling transistors into that one, and I actually have a pair of NKT275s in there for Q1 and Q3 and an OC43 in Q2 that are sounding fantastic -  so that may be the keeper set for me...LOL
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .