News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590a Rangemaster and Bacon Bits/La Vache 2-in-1, clip with ABDLX

Started by timbo_93631, January 28, 2014, 07:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

These are for OSG member jaycemumford in trade for this beautiful custom built Pine and Spruce, double-bound, chambered, and f-holed body:

"Radio Sweetheart" is a La Vache with a Bacon Bits boost that is switchable to be on the input or output with an order toggle.  The gain boost toggle also lights the beacon at the top of the radio tower when engaged!  Advancing squadrons of bombers are my only addition to the otherwise perfect artwork by Fabien also on OSG.

"Electric Warrior" is a NPN Rangemaster clone with mojo parts like ERO axial electrolytics, Sozo axial input and output capacitors, and a beautiful black glass OC139 germanium transistor, the T/M switch pads are jumpered and a MLCC cap is paralleled with the .0047 Sozo to get the value dead on.  Artwork also by Fabien, pinholes light up violet on the musical notes when the effect is engaged.

Between the two there is really every shade of  low to mid gain OD and boost, with lots of cutting tone from the RM added in, a nice compact solution to get many nice shades of dirt.
Video shows the different switching positions for the first half, but around 5 and a half minutes in there is a good display of the wacky sounds the "Nuevo Jefe" delay can produce in the different modulation positions and in combination with these drive pedals.  I have a MN3005 and MN3008 in the delay for about 480ms of max delay time right now.  The two MN3005's I initially had in there in the clip linked above produced about 660ms which is quite a bit longer than I ever set my delay for.  Nearly $100 of hard to get BBD's in the same pedal is a little excessive for me if I'm not going to use them to the max potential. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

You have been busy Tim. They look so clean. I always look at your wiring and think how I can improve mine.  They are always inspiring.

Also, that Tele body looks awesome. What you thinking color wise?

Cody

timbo_93631

Oh Cody, busy doesn't even describe it.  But I have found some time for these, and 4 more that are wrapping up this week hopefully.  That body is getting an Amber stain finish then get shot in nitro.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

lincolnic

I think my favorite thing about these builds is that you could probably fit the Rangemaster completely inside the other pedal. All that empty space in the middle is crying out for it!

billstein

Beauties Tim. The pedals and the guitar. Please post some pics after the staining. Can't wait to see how that's going to turn out.