News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

OSH Park - PCB Fab

Started by Chi_Boy, September 18, 2012, 04:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Anyone else have any problems with osh park recently?  I put in two orders last time and when I received them I only got one board per order not three copies like usual.  One of them didn't have the silkscreen on the top either.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aziltz

just got my OSHpark order (placed November 30th) and its as expected.

Mike @ Rawkworks

I've had a problem with em in the past but they made it right and then some. I don't have a whole lot of experience with different fab houses (aaaannndd by that I mean zero experience) but I have pulled apart TONS of electronics and I like their style. That and boneheads like me can make orders and save a database of previous boards for re-ordering.  ;D ;D ;D

The medium run is pretty legit IMO, as long as you don't need them by any particular time (which in my case has been less than a month every time).
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

alanp

The only times I've had trouble with OSHpark boards I've brought it on myself with bad design. My dumb mistakes... (expensive ones!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

culturejam

One time I got an order that only had one board. But there was a big slit in the bottom of the mailer, so I assume the other two fell out in transit.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

I did get my other boards a week later so I'm guessing they got misplaced.

None of my orders with custom imported graphics ever arrive with a top silkscreen, it's the only place I have this problem.  I've tried to contact them about it but I never get a reply.  I'm not sure if maybe my message is just going to the spam bin.   :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

Yes, it seems like custom graphics cause problems. Sometimes they work right at OSHP, and sometimes not. But on mine, the rest of the silkscreen is still there, just not the graphics. I also recently did a Seeed Studio order that came back with no top silkscreen.

I've started using a gerber viewer app to take a look at the silkscreen before I send them off. Sometimes I think Eagle just flubbs the gerber creation process when there are wacky graphics.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

I always check with a gerber viewer first, I just won't submit the version with a graphic anymore.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

alanp

Has anyone else found the oshpark website to not accept .brd and .zip files anymore?

It would not work at all in Opera 12.10, and when I fired up Safari, it did, quite annoying.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

aballen

I placed orders with Laen many years ago, before OSHPark was setup, and while it was a great service, BatchPCB was easier, and a bit faster.

Now that he set up OSHPark though, all my orders go there, the turnaround is just amazing, and all my boards have shown up as expected, even if I make a mistake ;)

OSHPark purple is pretty awesome too.

stevie1556

Everyone always raves about how good OSHpark is. It's just a shame the postage takes so long to the UK otherwise I would use them for boards.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Clayford

Quote from: culturejam on December 23, 2012, 07:51:30 PM
Yes, it seems like custom graphics cause problems. Sometimes they work right at OSHP, and sometimes not. But on mine, the rest of the silkscreen is still there, just not the graphics. I also recently did a Seeed Studio order that came back with no top silkscreen.

I've started using a gerber viewer app to take a look at the silkscreen before I send them off. Sometimes I think Eagle just flubbs the gerber creation process when there are wacky graphics.
Sorry to necro a thread - but there is an answer to the custom graphics issue very recently on OshPark -
AND this thread shows up (first) in google results when searching the problem.

Answer is here:
http://support.oshpark.com/support/solutions/articles/107640-problems-with-import-bmp-logos-on-silkscreen
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded