News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SAD1024 Layouts?

Started by GrindCustoms, January 19, 2014, 12:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Hey guys, i have couple SAD1024 laying around... and i have to put them to good use.

I own a Ross Flanger that uses them and it's plain awesome.. blows all my other flangers out of the water. So i'd be interested in building one of those or something else that is really similar... like the Vintage MXR117.

And... i'd be interested in knowing wich other verified layouts using those IC are available.

Makes a while i have'nt got stuff from Keefe, so post what you got so the etching madness continues!

Thanks

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Scruffie

A couple laying around  :o

As I usually say... if you can, reserve them for repairs or sell to those who have a pedal to repair, they're in short supply and it's sad to see a vintage unit tossed aside as it's either too expensive or impossible to get a replacement chip.

If you must build something with them, the only available layouts I know of are beans MXR-117 (somewhere around) and yes as far as I am aware the ROSS is a 117 clone. The deluxe electric mistress on GGG and the 9V electric mistress on gaussmarkov.
Works at Lectric-FX

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Scruffie on January 19, 2014, 12:27:44 AM
A couple laying around  :o

As I usually say... if you can, reserve them for repairs or sell to those who have a pedal to repair, they're in short supply and it's sad to see a vintage unit tossed aside as it's either too expensive or impossible to get a replacement chip.

If you must build something with them, the only available layouts I know of are beans MXR-117 (somewhere around) and yes as far as I am aware the ROSS is a 117 clone. The deluxe electric mistress on GGG and the 9V electric mistress on gaussmarkov.

I guess i've been lucky grabbing that pack...

Indeed, i'm keeping one as a spare for the Ross, in case. But i do want to have that sound on my board, so i think Brian's 117 layout is the way to go.

Thanks for your input Sir!

Rej

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Govmnt_Lacky

Why do the 117? Unless you want 2 of the same circuits on your board. The Ross is basically an MXR 117 anyway...

If you want a REAL challenge.... try building an Echoflanger  :o

You'll need 2 of the SAD1024s of course but... it is well worth it!

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 19, 2014, 12:45:15 AM
Why do the 117? Unless you want 2 of the same circuits on your board. The Ross is basically an MXR 117 anyway...

If you want a REAL challenge.... try building an Echoflanger  :o

You'll need 2 of the SAD1024s of course but... it is well worth it!

Because i don't want to use the original on my board... it could be stole, beer dropped on it.. whatever... just not safe to me. They are parts of history, must keep them safe.

Hmmm.. that echo flanger could be cool, any links?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 19, 2014, 12:49:42 AM

Shoot me a PM with your email and I can send you the documents.

Its a LARGE build but, well worth it!  8)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 19, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 19, 2014, 12:49:42 AM

Shoot me a PM with your email and I can send you the documents.

Its a LARGE build but, well worth it!  8)

Madness! 8)

artstomp

..good for you rej..youve got 2 SAD1024 laying around...ive got a vintage MXR117 that needs a replacement SAD1024...and i dont have the money to do that...looking forward for that echoflanger you plan to build... ;)

Scruffie

Quote from: artstomp on January 19, 2014, 01:46:10 AM
..good for you rej..youve got 2 SAD1024 laying around...ive got a vintage MXR117 that needs a replacement SAD1024...and i dont have the money to do that...looking forward for that echoflanger you plan to build... ;)
Are you sure it's the SAD?

I actually have a ROSS with a dead one but didn't wanna say anything  :D  for now it lives with a 3007 at least.
Works at Lectric-FX

artstomp

...im not sure if its really the SAD...no way to test it..the 15v regulator is fried and also the transformer...i replaced the regulator..feed an 18vdc source...but no luck...sound is passing thru..no oscillation...full of noisy sound..tnx

artstomp

..i also build madbeans collosalus and plan to put it inside the vintage 117 enclosure until i get to fix the original  117 board..but i cant get it to work..to much noise im getting...im frustrated..

Scruffie

Quote from: artstomp on January 19, 2014, 02:12:16 AM
...im not sure if its really the SAD...no way to test it..the 15v regulator is fried and also the transformer...i replaced the regulator..feed an 18vdc source...but no luck...sound is passing thru..no oscillation...full of noisy sound..tnx
It's quite possible it's not, start a new thread with the voltages you get feeding it 15V and I might be able to help debug it for you.
Works at Lectric-FX

artstomp

..thank very much scruffie...i just need to get things on their proper places..since the collosalus is resting in the 117 enclosure...need to find where i kept the original potentiometers of the 117...

i will try to take several pics...voltage readings...and start a new thread...tnx again scruffie!...wooooah... ;D

GrindCustoms

Cool, really glad that i started that thread.. :)

artstomp