News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any buyers from janeh2100 on the bay?

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, January 17, 2014, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Looking to make a purchase from user name: janeh2100 on eBay

Anyone have any good stories... or horror stories?

timbo_93631

I got 6 good MN3008's from them, but only after getting 6 fakes and requesting good chips.  I tried to reorder 10 and they cancelled the order saying they didn't have anymore good ones and would email when they did, but have not taken down their ebay listing for them and no email from them either.  So, you can get MN3008's from them, but it might take the regular MN's from China hassle to get them.  I don't know what the status of their MN3005's is.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Scruffie

Think I got some fakes from them, but can't check as it was too long ago.
Works at Lectric-FX

danwelsh

how do you know when they are fake? do they just not work?

Govmnt_Lacky

If someone were to open an eBay site over there in the Red land and pimp out tested, known good 3005s, 3008s, 3007s, etc. they would make a KILLING!!!

I dont think I have heard of ANY sellers on there that have a better record of selling good pieces than bad  :-\

Scruffie

Quote from: danwelsh on January 17, 2014, 05:05:23 PM
how do you know when they are fake? do they just not work?
Incorrect delay time and clear re-stamping, unless the specific date codes on my chips became the image for every ebayer trying to sell them (hint, it didn't  ;) )
Works at Lectric-FX

GermanCdn

Pretty sure I've placed a couple of orders with them, not for delay chips, and if memory serves everything worked out fine.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 17, 2014, 05:05:59 PM
If someone were to open an eBay site over there in the Red land and pimp out tested, known good 3005s, 3008s, 3007s, etc. they would make a KILLING!!!

I bet if someone COULD do that, they would. I'm going to guess that testing MN3005s all day (if indeed they have the capacity to properly test them) is not a practical way to run a parts supply business. These guys buy chips from suppliers. Every time there's a step in the supply chain, it's an opportunity for fakes.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on January 17, 2014, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 17, 2014, 05:05:59 PM

I bet if someone COULD do that, they would. I'm going to guess that testing MN3005s all day (if indeed they have the capacity to properly test them) is not a practical way to run a parts supply business. These guys buy chips from suppliers. Every time there's a step in the supply chain, it's an opportunity for fakes.

Auditing parts like that certainly would add some cost to it, even in China.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper